Preparing for a child’s college experience is often emotionally and monetarily challenging for parents, guardians, and students alike. Knowing helpful tips, managing expectations, and planning ahead can help simplify even the most daunting aspects of preparing for a collegiate journey.
Please join us as we host college admissions coach Nancy Steenson alongside Douglas Lyons, CRPC®, of John Hancock Investment Management, for a virtual discussion that will cover:
- When to start building a resume for your child
- How to stand out for more selective colleges and universities
- Why GPA and standardized test scores might not be enough
- Setting realistic expectations for acceptance
- When going “test blind” makes sense
During this presentation, 529 Plans will be discussed, which has various risks including loss of principal and may not be suitable for every investor.
After you register, you’ll receive an email from our colleague, Bill Friebel, with the Zoom webinar link to use on September 21.
Nancy Steenson, Douglas Lyons and John Hancock Investment Management is not affiliated with or endorsed by LPL Financial or Cornerstone Wealth Management.
Date and Time
Wed, Sep 21, 2022
12:00p - 1:00p CST